This course provides a comprehensive introduction to UAS thermography. Complying with international (ISO) standards for thermography, it covers the fundamentals of infrared science and thermal physics, thermal camera design and operation, and an introduction to interpreting thermal images. It concludes with a section giving you the practical knowledge necessary to perform live inspections of photovoltaic cell solar panels.
During the course, you will learn about:
- The science behind thermography
- Correct practices and industry recognized standard operating procedures
- Applications in various industries including:
- Power lines
- Solar Panel Arrays
- Thermal payloads available for drones and their operation
- How to interpret a thermal image
- Thermal Orth-mosaic (e. infrared mapping) and 3D modeling
Ideal for working in industries such as solar farms, wind turbines, building insulation and powerline inspections, infrared is very much in demand. The whole course is orientated towards taking infrared images from a drone, probably the most useful payload a UAS can carry for acquiring the sophisticated data that many industries need. The online course segment gives you all this knowledge in an easy to follow format, there is also an optional practical segment that compliments the online training where you will actually learn to fly missions using IR technology to gather the sort of data industry needs.