What is the PfCO training course about?
In this Full Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO) 3 Day Course, you will complete everything you need to apply for your PfCO to the CAA, which is what you need to be able to operate a drone for reward in the UK.
- Three-day Ground School + Theory Test
- Operations Manual
- Flight Test
- Submission to CAA
- Follow Up Support
Who is this course for?
This three-day course is aimed at people with no existing recognised flying qualifications, eg. BMFA ‘A’ certificate or better on helicopters, a British Gliding Association Bronze ‘C’ or better, or a Private Pilot’s License.
What’s the structure of the course?
Included in the course is our high-quality 200-page manual which covers in detail all the CAA syllabus and more. Subjects covered are:
- Air Law
- Legislation, Regulation and Policy
- Classes of Airspace
- Aeronautical Chart Information
- Air Safety
- Flight Safety
- Aircraft Knowledge
- RPAS Components
- RPAS Navigational Modes
- Human Factors
- Situational Awareness
- Decision Making
- Personality and Behaviour
- Stress and Fatigue
- Deployment Procedures
- Flight Reference Cards (FRCs)
- Deployment Survey (Mission Planning)
- On-site Survey (Dynamic Risk Assessment)
- Pre-flight, Flight, Post-flight Procedures
This is not a complete list, as we cover more than what is required by the CAA.
Included with this course:
- High quality 200+ page manual
- Three-day ground school (CAA syllabus and more)
- Buffet lunches
- A free re-sit of the Ground School Examination (if needed)
- Two-part flight assessment
- Assistance with your application to CAA for PfCO
- Review and guidance of your Operations manual
Our recommendation to CAA for the issue of PfCO on successful completion of the course